The Purpose of Living Waters of Hope
The purpose of Living Waters of Hope is to bring hope and healing through the teaching of God’s word in the Oasis Bible Study to women who are suffering or have suffered as a result of domestic abuse. In addition, it is to bring awareness and education to the faith community through training seminars.
Living Waters of Hope exists to bring hope and healing to women affected by domestic abuse. We provide a Christ-centered recovery Bible study in a safe, confidential, and educational community.
We are also committed to raising awareness within the faith community through educational opportunities to equip others to support victims in a caring and knowledgeable way.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, spiritual rebirth by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. Those that are saved will live eternally with God in Heaven. Those that are lost are eternally separated from God.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.