Facilitators are the heart of Oasis Support Groups!
While we facilitate online support groups, we know that some women prefer to mee in person. If you are led to facilitate and in person group, this page is for you!
We welcome Independent Facilitators who are led of the Lord to offer an Oasis Bible Study in their area. This can be with a few friends or a larger group from your church or community. The need is great for our wounded sisters to find safe, confidential, and caring support based on God's' word. We are so thankful for you!
Thank you for stepping into God's plan to provide biblically based answers for women in or out of their destructive relationships.
Facilitator Training Course
This Facilitator Training Course has all the tools and information you need to successfully lead women on their healing journey. Just $125 will give you access to all current and future training and Oasis Bible Study lesson videos. Downloadable Facilitator Notes will help you understand the special needs and circumstances of women affected by domestic abuse.
Our desire is to equip you to be a confident facilitator by providing several training modules that make up this self-paced Oasis Facilitator Training Course. Know that we are here to support you during and after your training in the calling God has placed on your heart for our wounded sisters.
Your relationship with the women you will be serving and shepherding is an important one. They will learn to trust you as you provide a safe, confidential, and caring environment for their healing journey.
Again, thank you for being an integral part of our Oasis Facilitator Team. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the main ministry number: 503-850-8225 or reach out via email to Diane at [email protected] .
Module 1 - Facilitator Training Zoom Meetings
Module 2 - Hope Giver Essentials
Module 3 - Safely Healing Women Through a Separation
Module 4 - Oasis Bible Study: Book 1
Module 5 - Oasis Bible Study: Book 1 Facilitator Notes
Module 6 - Oasis Bible Study: Book 2
Module 7 - Oasis Bible Study: Book 3 (Coming Soon)
Bonus Facilitator Library
Things to Keep in Mind
If you are a survivor, we encourage you to prayerfully assess your own healing before facilitating an Oasis class. On one hand, your healing will be passed on to the women you serve. On the other, your areas of pain may be as well. Being emotionally, spiritually, and relationally healthy is recommended for anyone seeking to be a facilitator.
If you find that you are being too triggered by leading an Oasis class, perhaps a later time might be better. Sometimes you don’t know until you try. If you find you need more healing, please consider joining one of our online Oasis Bible Study classes. We would love to be a part of your healing journey!
The privacy and safety of the women in your class are always a priority. When you step into the world of domestic abuse to help, your safety may be compromised as well. We strongly recommend finding a meeting space outside of your own church.
Always have a safety plan where ever you choose to facilitate an Oasis Bible Study class.
Oasis Bible Study Videos
We highly recommend using our Facilitator Training Course which includes the below Oasis Bible Study video lessons. However, if you feel confident in leading a group of women affected by domestic abuse and wish to purchase just the video lessons, we have made them available to purchase on their own.
Restoring Hope and Dignity
Take your first steps to understand confusion and conflict in your family relationships with God’s help.
If you are a victim or survivor seeking healing for your wounds from betrayal and domestic abuse, this study is for you. Learn what domestic abuse is and how to draw healthy boundaries for a healthier you.
Finding Truth and Strength
Find clarity and strength as you continue your recovery journey and make significant decisions about your future.
With this study, you will learn about God’s design for marriage and other spiritually sensitive areas impacted by abuse. What do repentance and forgiveness look like? What happens if I separate? Where is God?
Embracing Growth and Resilience
Gain a better understanding of the deeper issues of domestic abuse recovery.
Trauma, life after divorce, and wrestling with the unfairness of it all are discussed. But your story doesn’t end there: this is the start of a chapter where resilience can be experienced which is the final lesson in Book 3.
1. We highly recommend going through the Facilitator Training Course to be best equipped to lead an Oasis Bible Study class. There are many important training elements included as well as Facilitator Notes and the Oasis lesson videos.
2. Safety is a priority for you and the women you are serving. For this reason, we recommend finding a host church for your in-person classes and not listing the location or other class details on flyers or announcements.
3. Confidentiality is essential for women trust you and other in the group when sharing such personal information about their journey. You can view our online group guidelines here to use or as a template to create your own.
4. No copying, scanning or other duplicating methods of the Oasis Bible Study content are permitted without express permission from the author, Diane Schnickels.
5. Please have women purchase their own books for the Oasis Bible Study. All profits from the Oasis Bible Study books go right back into the ministry of Living Waters of Hope for continued support for women.
6. The following disclaimer must be communicated to the women you serve: Living Waters of Hope is not responsible or liable for any material, views, differing scriptural interpretation, and the like for anything beyond what is in the written in the Oasis Bible Studies. The views and opinions expressed by anyone leading the Oasis Bible Study do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions by Living waters of Hope. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please contact Living Waters of Hope at 503-850-8225.
7. We are very thankful for more of our wounded sisters being supported by facilitators like you around the country. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us! We are here to help you be successful and supported! May God bless your desire to help our wounded sisters and bear much fruit through your classes!
Optional Support for All Facilitators
For all facilitators we provide monthly zoom meetings.
Please contact Diane for current meeting dates and times: [email protected]
Additionally, we are happy to provide a free customized downloadable Oasis Bible Study flyer for the women's restroom stalls at your church, as well as an Oasis Bible Study class PowerPoint slide (Shelley will provide those for you - [email protected]). We also have high quality printed flyers and domestic abuse awareness posters available for free. Order printed materials >>